Monday, February 18, 2013

SWEET 16

This will be my last post and challenge for this week.  (I think) over on BBTB2 http://heather-bittenbythebug2.blogspot.com the challenge is to use the birth stone color for Febuary which is amethyst.  You are to use the color  PURPLE.  You are to either use a cupcake or cake from any cricut cart.  I decided to cut a cake and make it a SWEET 16.  After I started doing it it looked to fancy but I'm going to post it any way. 
Here is the finished card. 
My cake was cut from the cricut cart "FROM MY KITCHEN"
I cut it @ 4" I use purple glitter and made it to look like frosting.  The roses were in my stash. I used a scallop punch and printed Happy Birthday also in the color Purple.  I used some purple ribbon.  Sweet 16 is also purple.


Here is the inside of my card.  This was a stamp that I had in my stash and I reprinted it off of my computer also in Purple.   
thanks for looking and if you get a chance hop over the BBTB2 blog and see what the amazing DT has come up with for this challenge.  Have a great nite.

12 comments:

  1. Very nice card...and I really like that you have included a design on the inside as well. Thanks for sharing this with us at BBTB2.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fancy cake. No such thing as a cake being too fancy, lol. Love your sentiment, also. Thanks for sharing at bbtb2.
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vickie, I like your card and no, I do not think it is too fancy! Your cake looks yummy and so pretty with the flowers (I do love frosting flowers)! I love the sentiment you stamped inside - too cute. Thanks for playing along with us at BBTB2.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I love the flowers you added to the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Vickie! I love your purple icing on your cake, and I love those roses too! Your background paper is beautiful too! Love that purple ribbon as well. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 my friend ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card!! I love the cake cut and all of those flowers!! I so love icing flowers. Your card is just perfect. Thank you so very much for joining our challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty my friend. Love the flowers and the beautiful cake. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. You creation is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty and perfect with the lovely flowers, just right for a sweeet 16 card! Thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2
    Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty. Love the icing. Those roses look delicious. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  10. a pretty sweet 16 card :) love the inside saying, aint it true! ;) thanks for sharing with us at bbtb2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty!! I just love the background paper. Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty!!! Love the flowers!!! Thanks for playing over at BBTB2

    Hugs
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete