Friday, September 25, 2015

"Fall is in the Air"

Happy Friday morning everyone.   Fall is here, but the temperature doesn't know it yet. It was in the 80's  but the good thing no humidity to holler about.

I have three cards that I want to share with you. The first two cards are finished, but the third card I'm at a complete brain freeze on what sentiment to put on the front and the inside.

The first one is the one that I haven't added a sentiment because brain freeze set in.   Its an A2 size card using the Cuttlebug embossing folder from Provo Craft called   PUMPKIN PATCH. The ribbon I had in my stash.   The flower is from the $1.50 bin at Michaels. 







I needed  a Sympathy card for a friend that lost her husband and like most of us we hate making these kind of cards.  I decided use Anna Griffin/s Garden Window card making kit for this card.  I used one of her embossing folders called FOULARD.  If you click on the picture you can see what this folder looks like.  With the kit all I had to do what pick what I wanted and put it together.  Even the base card itself.  Plus there is a guide with pictures for inspiration and I just used that.  Very simple and easy to use but so pretty and it works perfectly for me.

 
 
 
 

On this card I used the same embossing folder that I used on the first card.  The Stamp set that I used is from CTMH called POSTER TIDINGS.  The ribbon that I used is from Michaels called Autumn Leaves. I used two leave brads that I had in my stash,  I think I had gotten them from Michaels last year but don't remember for sure.



Monday I have to go in for surgery for a Ovarian cyst.  That is what they think it is right now,  Its the size of a small orange.  Hopefully everything will be ok.   I'm not worried because I have NO pain at all.   We found it because I was having some back and leg pain and the Dr wanted me to have a MRI on my back and that was when they saw it.  So he sent me to have an ultra sound and that test confirmed it.  I told him that I wanted this done immediately because I had things to do and places to go.   He laughed and said what else is new.  So Monday I go. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.  Enjoy the weather and get some crafting in.

Love everyone
Vickie

2 comments:

  1. You know you will be in my prayers Vickie! And you are right, you have things to do and places to go, so get well as fast as you can. Love the cards my friend. Big hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cards! Love the pumpkin embossing folder. Love the Anna Griffin card too. Hope you are doing good now!
    Thank you for your visit and comment on my blog!

    Glenda's Cards

    ReplyDelete