Tuesday, November 12, 2013

"MERRY CHRISTMAS"

BRRRRRRRR  yesterday was 65 here, today its only 37 and windy. Big difference. I know that some of you have snow on the ground and I'm sorry for that.  But I'm glad its you and not me. One good thing is that the sun is shining bright.

There are some challenges this week on FCCB http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com and BBTB2 http://heather-bittenbythebug2.blogspot. that got me inspired in finally making a card.  I hadn't been able to make a card since my DH had passed away in April. But with these challenges this week I finally was able to.

The challenge for FCCB is RIBBONS AND BUTTONS.  The challenge for BBTB2 is WHTE-ON-WHITE.  On the FCCB you were to use a ribbon and at least one button on your project.
And of course white on white on BBTB2.  I decided to combine these two challenges with one project.  I will let you know what all I used after I post my pictures.
 
The card base is a 5x7 that I embossed with the HOLLY BERRY BOUGHS Anna Griffin Christmas embossing folders.  I used 2 paper doilies in the middle to give it a little lace look.  You can't really see it in the picture, but they are there.  The next layer is also embossed with the same folder and popped up for demention.  The last layer is my Christmas tree that was embossed using the CALLIGRAPHIC TREE Anna Griffin Christmas ebossing folder.  I used some red and clear gems that I had gotten from M's. and outlined the dots around the tree.   I added the light blue gems for the top of the tree around the star. I put a white ribbon at the top and added a button on the bottom.  Hence the two challenges.  I rounded the corners on the Christmas Tree layer.  I also popped up this layer.  I wanted it to have a three demention look.  Its hard with white-on-white to tell from the picture.



The cricut cut is from DEC 25 cricut cart.  The MERRY CHRISTMAS was cut @ 2.50" cut twice. I cut one in red and one in white and staggered the white over the red. It really does look better in person.
Thanks for looking and please if you are in a mojo slump these challenges this week on FCCB and BBTB2 are simple challenges and there is lots of inspirations from the DT on both blogs. Check them out and maybe something might trigger you in to getting your MOJO back.  I know they did me.  Thanks FCCB and BBTB2.

Have a good week and stay warm and BE SAFE.


12 comments:

  1. Vickie, your white on white card is beautiful! Love all the embossing and color added by the gems, also the color with the inside lettering. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Vickie, your card is stunning!! Great use of the AG embossing folders!! I am loving that embossed tree and love how you used the gems on it for just a little color! Well done my friend! It was cold here too, 33 with wind chill. Brrrr baby!!! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2;-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Vickie! I love everything about it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow this is so pretty, I really like the embossing and the sparkle! Thanks for joining FCCB's "ribbons and buttons" challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Vickie. I love white on white. The embossing is gorgeous and love the touch of gems. A beautiful card my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful Vickie!! I so love all of the embossing. And that embossed tree is awesome. Love all of the gems you added to it. the colors sure give it a great pop. Thank you so very much for joining our 'White on White' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is fantastic! I love it!! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card looks amazing! I LOVE the bling that you added to your tree. Your embossing choices are spot on, too! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at BBTB2 and FCCB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card..love your tree..so elegant. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! Thanks for joining the BBTB2 challenge!
    ~Laura @ craftychickscreating.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vickie your card is breathtakingly beautiful, so glad you have started making cards again and thank you so so much for joining us at BBTB2
    juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card !! The Christmas tree is stunning !! I love the touches of bling !! Thank you so much for sharing with us at BBTB2 !!

    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete