Friday, November 8, 2013

July Graphic45 calender page

Good Morning.  Hope everyone had a good nite sleep.  My grandson decided at 4:30 he wanted to get up and stay up. He's 6 months old. So needless to say I've been up since 4:30, he is now back to sleep. Of course now its too late for me to go back to sleep so I will stay awake.

Most of you know that I am doing a Place in Time paper Stack by graphic 45 calender pages. I have been looking at the graphic45 blog site on there calender series that different DT members had done. Also my good friend Suzanne http://cricutcraftinggrammy.blogspot.com teaches at her local scrapbookstore "Scrapbook Blessings".  She had done a calender series for some classes that she taught.  So I 've been looking at both sites and have take different parts of both and made my own. 

On my July page I wanted a blue doily to put under some of the cutouts and chipboard pieces. Of course when you want a different color doily you can't find them. So I googled How to color doileys and I found this site http://charlottesfancy.com/2010 on coloring doilies with food coloring. 

Here is what they look like after doing this teqnique.  I also did some yellow ones but didn't take a picture of them by themselves.  You will see them later on my August page.

I like the pastel look that coloring the white doilies chances them too.
I know that another crafter friend of mine said that you can also color them using ink refills.   I don't have lot of inks since I don't do much stamping, so I found this much easier.
Here is my August 2014 calender page.



I used the blue doily that I had colored under the top right cutout and it made the blues in each picture stand out. I really like the way this turned out. 
Thanks Suzanne and the amazing DT members on graphic45 blog on the inspirations to do this.
Later today I will be posting August page after I put the finishing touches on it.
Have a great day and be careful with whatever you are doing today.

2 comments:

  1. I love this page, Vickie! I think this is my favorite so far. I love how the doily pops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing Vickie! This calendar so going to be so pretty!!! The doily looks so awesome on the page! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete