Sunday, January 18, 2015

Good Morning

Beautiful Sunday morning here in Western Ky.  A little breezy but that's okay the sun is shining and its 50 degrees.  Yesterday I spent my day cleaning and washing and CRAFTING. 

I watched a video by  spyrorocks346 Gloria.   She has some amazing videos on u-tube.  She is doing a Valentine series right now so if you want to go to her u-tube channel you can see what I mean. This card is called a sunburst card.  I had been seeing them and decided that I wanted to make one.  This will be a Birthday card but you can use this for any thing.

This is an A2 card. My pattern paper is from MME's  6x6 paper pack from M's.  This is dbl sided so I used both sides and also white card stock.  I used my Textile cuttlebug folder to emboss the white. The ribbon strip is from American Crafts that I had gotten at M's or Joann's (can't remember which one.)  I've used this tape a few times and up until yesterday I didn't realize that is has adhesive on the back. That's what you called a DUH moment. The stamp is from the use to be $ bin from M's. 
I really like this style card and I think it will make a great Kids birthday card.  I have two birthdays coming up and I am going to make them.   I will post after I figure out what papers I want to use.
You can use any piece of scrap cardstock to make the base for your strips. I used black then matted it on grey which I thought worked well with the pattern paper.
The strips are 1 1/2" x 5".  I took the strips and cut them diagnoly in my trimmer. In the video that Gloria does on you channel she puts it together then cuts off the access  and makes it even with the card front. 

Thanks for looking and have a great Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Loving your card Vickie! I love these "burst" cards too, they are fun to make and pretty easy which is always a win win! But it looks like it took forever to make. I love that you used your Cuttlebug on some of your stripes, loving that look and loving the papers you used. Your not alone in the DUH moments, I have them too. lol Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete